Careers at Spruz
Spruz is committed to fostering the best possible work environment for our people. We strive to attract and retain the very best talent the industry has to offer. Team socials, excellent technology and supportive co-workers come together to create a winning team.
Azure/AWS Cloud DevOps Engineer
Los Angeles, CA
Spruz's Engineering team is looking for an experienced DevOps Engineer to join the team that builds out the systems backend and use code to execute to the cloud in a serverless environment.
- Build out and improve the reliability and performance of our cloud applications in Azure and AWS along with launching new applications and infrastructure with a focus on automation, availability, security, and performance.
- Troubleshoot problems across different technology layers in a Linux environment
- Utilize software engineering best practices (design patterns, peer code reviews, unit testing)
- Perform general systems maintenance tasks such as managing system resources and applying patches to maximize service ability and performance
- Propose and implement enhancements to improve web system performance, availability and resiliency
- Initiate and perform security reviews of cloud applications
- Experience and knowledge setting up Containers in a Cloud environment
- Experience with SQL and NoSQL databases such as MySQL, MongoDB and DynamoDB
- Experience in performance tuning, including load balancing, caching, and Content Delivery Networks
- Experience with source code management tools such as GitHub, GitLab, Bitbucket or equivalent.
- Solid understanding of networking and core Internet Protocols (TCP/IP, DNS, SMTP, HTTP and routing in distributed networks)
- Knowledge of DNS, domain registration, and web hosting
- Participate in pre-production and production site releases and available for 24x7x365 on-call rotation
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, or related.